Monday, October 14, 2019

My First Official Zentangle Classes!

October has been an exciting month!  I set a teaching schedule and advertised it and students signed up!  There were three who came to my first class on October 3rd.  I gave them the history of Zentangle and why the art method works for so many people.  Soon we were putting pen to paper.  The artists did four and in one case five tangles on their tiles.  They came together so beautifully!  Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh, Print Temps, Florz and Flux.  We added shadowing to each tangle and they really popped!  The artists were all rightfully pleased with their work and finished the session with big smiles on their faces.  


Happily, all three of my first students have made plans to return for more art instruction. One came the very next week, joining with a new student.  So this time we played with different tangles than we used at the first class.  The ladies had such fun with Poke Root that it made them giggle with happiness as they looked at what they'd drawn.  Then we added some Poke Leaf, Paradox, Diva Dance, 'Nzeppel and some Zinger for good measure! As a teacher, I loved those quiet moments when the artists were watching their patterns emerge.  I'd hear sounds like, "Oh!" and "Wow!" and "I love this!"  As one of the students said, "I'm hooked!"





No comments:

What Do You Do When Overwhelmed or Depleted?

Most artists have experienced periods when they find it difficult to make art.  Lack of ideas, too many ideas, comparing one's talents a...