Friday, September 13, 2019

My Second Zentangle Class

A week following my first Zentangle session with Linda I went back to her home for a second.  She had a second blank Opus tile waiting for me and about five new patterns to show me.  I was struck by how simple it was to place a dot in each corner and then connect them to form a frame.  Then a freehand string to divide up the drawing space and it was on to the pen and the patterns.  Since the Opus tile was too large to complete in a 90-minute drawing session, I took it home to finish.  I enjoyed the drawing so much that I finished it that evening.  And here it is:



At our next session I was able to try using colored ink along with the black.  And I learned five more patterns as well!  I was delighted with the result...


At this point I knew a couple things.  I knew I had framable art.  And I knew I wanted to teach other people how enjoyable it is to draw this way. I had started showing my sisters and friends what I was doing and they in turn were asking me to show them how.  And my sisters started putting dibs on new drawings I did.  Maura got this Opus-size Zentangle:


And Mary got this one:









No comments:

What Do You Do When Overwhelmed or Depleted?

Most artists have experienced periods when they find it difficult to make art.  Lack of ideas, too many ideas, comparing one's talents a...